On a rainy, cold winters day we’ve all sat dreaming of a secluded piece of paradise, thinking of lounging by a beach and watching the clouds float by. But this day dreaming is a long way from actually packing your bags and jumping on a plane.
In just over 1 week I will be jetting off around the world. The uncertainty and unknown still petrifies me. I’ve spend many hours planning down to the minutest detail, but the excitement and the anticipation of the adventure to come far overcomes any negative feelings.
Here are my top five tips to help get you packing:
1. Go to the library and get every travel book you can get your hands on.
2. Start planning a rough itinerary.
3. Talk through plans with the friends and family. Getting them excited for you massively helps.
4. Make realistic goals for savings per month… and stick to it.
5. Set an estimated departure date to work towards. I found booking flexible around the world flights was a great way to stick to this date and also helped focus me with my savings.